Tuesday 21 June 2016

Welcome to Heedless Gardening

I am a neglectful gardener. There are so many of us that I didn't want to bog down the others by adding yet another blog called "The Neglectful Gardener" - After a quick jaunty to find the proper name for my improper gardening blog, I found all the Delinquent, Lazy, Lackadaisical, and Shy Gardeners out there.  So, I am The Heedless Gardener - there are no others, yet anyway - and it is the perfect name for my style of planting and then ignoring stuff:

heedless 

[heed-lis]


adjective


1.
careless; thoughtless; unmindful
 


I would have liked to use the Zen Gardener, but that's a different kettle of fish and implies that I'm good at it - I am, however, mindful of being unmindful in this case; seriously, that's as zen as it gets.

Now, see how I've just spent an hour putting together this blog so far? That's because I don't want to weed my garden - in this perfect weather of 22 degrees Celsius, light wind and beautiful sun... I spent the hour before this cleaning my kids' bathroom - anything not to weed.

I don't know what this is, but it's growing!

Yes, there is Kale growing there, somewhere

See what I did there? I grabbed my camera, went outside and took pictures of my garden, instead of gardening. Eventually, I will grab a plastic cup of homemade wine and weed for a half hour while dinner is on - definitely not enough to make a dent, but that's ok. 

This is for those of us who are willing to try their hand at gardening, and fail, or rather, learn something, have fun, and share with others - Sometimes the best is yet to be discovered, many times by those who are not limited by their own expertise... If you have some great information on how to get the most out of a garden with the least amount of effort - Please post a comment or #heedlessgardener on facebook, tsu, or wherever internet, so I can share it here. 

Next segment will be about the wonders of permaculture - the ultimate in efficiency and laziness :)


No comments:

Post a Comment